Ethervision Employs a Unique, Streamlined Application Development Process
The most important thing to understand when developing an application is that user interface (UI) and app-flow are king. It has to be so simple to use, your 4 year old can navigate it. Ethervision employs a very unique “hands-on” strategy to allow for discovery and refinement of your application throughout the entire development process. We are able to remain so agile because we put UI before design. This allows all of us to continually test the “beta” versions of the application, removing unnecessary friction like buttons and entire screens.
Less not more: Smart companies always need to be asking, “What is the core functionality of my application?” and “How can I further simplify my app for the most streamlined user experience?”. While counterintuitive to many, this is the recipe for a successful app. Think poem rather than book!
When working with Ethervision, we employ the following process collaboratively with our clients. The result: A best-in-class application delivered on budget and on time.
1. Concept overview and discussion/ideation: In our first meetings we learn all about your company, your brand and your mobile vision. We may offer a few suggestions for things to consider or suggestions for improvement at this stage.
2. Big Picture: Once we fully understand your company’s mobile vision, we’ll then summarize and then ask a few simple questions such as:
- Will Ethervision be doing the wire-framing (detailed storyboarding) of the application? (Recommended)
- Will Ethervision be doing the design or will your company do in-house?
- When do you want the application live in the app store or posted on your website for Enterprise clients?
- What is your budget for this project?
3. Ethervision ballpark estimate: Once we have this information we quickly ballpark an estimate for you based on your needs. This turnaround is 24-48 hours from the time all information is collected. This allows us all to make sure we are in the same zip code and that it makes sense to continue discussions. If applicable, this estimate also includes the upfront cost for the detail wireframe of your application.
4. Detail wireframe of application: If the application is complex in nature or if the client has not come with a thorough set of wireframes, Ethervision will perform broad stroke hand sketches of the application screen by screen. This gives us all a solid anchor point from which to develop the application.
5. Final estimate and timeline: We then provide you with a final proposal and timeline of the application. Unless major functionality is changed, the ballpark and the final estimate are always the same. In other words, no hidden surprises or costs along the way.
6. Set Milestones: We set up milestones so you know exactly when you can expect hands on demos of the application to test.
7. Application Development: Ethervision digs in and begins developing your application screen by screen.
8. Refinement and User Flow: All along the way we are testing and letting you test on your iPhone or iPad. NOTHING helps make an application best-in-class like continuous, hands-on testing and refinement.
9. Design Implementation: Once we are all happy with the layout, functionality and flow of the app from top to bottom, our award winning design team crafts the look and feel of the application. From beautiful icon to every button on every screen, the look mirrors your mobile vision.
10. Quality Assurance Testing: Ethervision tests each application thoroughly to ensure the quality of the app matches the quality of your brand.
11. App Submission: We walk you through the Apple account set-up process and we submit the application on your behalf, leaving no stone unturned.
12. App Marketing: We actually discuss marketing with our clients every step of the way. Ethervision has put 6 of its own app in the top 100 ranked overall. Whether you are B2C or B2B, Ethervision will help you make a huge impact with the launch of your application.
13. Ongoing Maintenance: We stand behind every app that we develop and treat it as if it were our own. Once you launch your mobile vision, that is just the start. Ethervision help you continue to grow and effectively reach more and more customers through refined development, application testing and marketing.
Connect with us today to learn more.